Who says tasty recipes like muffins are a no-no for Diabetic patients. Muffins may sound and look sweet but it does not mean always diabetics can’t eat them. There are a number of no-sugar, easy diabetic muffin recipes that you can do right from your home. It may take a little effort and time on your part, but you can’t really get instant muffins on the counter that is healthy and good for diabetics. But just like any food, you should eat these muffins in moderation. It does mean that it’s healthy; you can eat a whole dozen of it. Always keep in mind to count calories to regulate your blood glucose level.
Below is one of the many easy diabetic muffin recipes which only takes about three steps—prepare, bake and eat. This recipe is a good dessert and is best after doing your diabetic dinner recipes.
Here is the list of things that you need to prepare:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup 60 % to 70 % vegetable oil spread
- ½ cup Sugar Blend
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup low – fat buttermilk
- ¼ cup water
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate pieces, melted and cooled (optional)
- 2 tablespoons white baking pieces (optional)
How to Prepare:
- Preheat first oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease twelve 2 – 2 ½ inch muffin cups
- Combine flours, baking powder, baking soda and ½ teaspoon salt in a medium bowl. Then, set aside.
- Combine vegetable oil spread and sugar blend in a large bowl this time. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed in about 3 minutes until turned fluffy. Add eggs, buttermilk and water, beating until well mixed. Then, add flour mixture while beating on low speed just until blended taking careful measures not to over mix it.
- Divide batter between two bowls. Stir one bowl with vanilla while the other with melted chocolate.
- Back to the muffin cups, spoon vanilla butter on one side to each cup then chocolate batter to the other side. If desired, you can sprinkle semisweet chocolate pieces over the vanilla batter and white baking pieces over the chocolate.
- Lastly, fill any empty cups with water to prevent warping while baking.
Bake for 15 to 17 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean after testing and inserting it at the center. Cool for 5 minutes. Remove from muffin cups. Serve warm and enjoy!